Skip to content
Rescue One 50/50 Raffle Official Rules
- The Raffle. All entrants by virtue of their entry in the Rescue One 50/50 Raffle (the “Raffle”) agree to be bound by the terms and conditions described in these Rescue One 50/50 Raffle Official Rules (“Official Rules”) and the decisions of the persons verifying eligibility, which will be final and binding with respect to all matters relating to the Raffle. Fifty percent (50%) of the revenue from the Raffle will benefit Rescue One, a Missouri nonprofit corporation (“Rescue One”). Participants may enter the Raffle by purchasing tickets online at https://rescueonespringfield.com or at Rescue One’s Party 4 Paws event (the “Event”) on September 16, 2021, at Moon Town Crossing located at 3060 N. Kentwood, Springfield, Missouri 65803. All sales are final. Odds of winning are based on the number of Raffle tickets sold.
- Eligibility. The Raffle is only open to legal residents of the State of Missouri who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. All Raffle ticket entries must be received by Rescue One prior to the drawing at the Event. All entries must be via official Raffle ticket entry and contain the entrant’s contact information, including name, address, phone number, and email address. Only one individual’s name may be associated with a ticket. The prize will be awarded to a single winner of record on the ticket. Members of the Rescue One Board of Directors are not eligible to enter or win the Raffle.
- Raffle Prize. One (1) prize will be awarded to one (1) winner who will receive fifty percent (50%) of the total Raffle ticket revenue collected from Rescue One’s sale of Raffle tickets.
- Drawing. On or about September 16, 2021, Rescue One will conduct a drawing at the Event. One Raffle ticket will be selected randomly from all eligible entries received. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of Rescue One and will not be returned. Entrants do not need to be present at the time of the drawing to win and will be contacted by phone (if a phone number is provided by entrant) and/or e-mail if they are not present when their name is drawn.
- Claiming and Award of Prize. To claim the prize, the potential winner must present photo identification, execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, which will be provided by Rescue One, sign IRS Form W-G2, and provide any other information or documentation requested by Rescue One to verify eligibility and award the prize. Upon verification of eligibility and receipt of all required information and documentation to claim the prize, the prize will be awarded in the form of a check made payable to the winner.
- Revocation of Prize. If the Raffle prize remains unclaimed by the potential winner for fourteen (14) days following the first notification attempt, or if a potential winner fails to provide proper identification or other required information and sign the appropriate forms, or if the potential winner is determined to be an ineligible entrant, then in any such case Rescue One shall declare the prize forfeited and proceed to conduct another drawing from the remaining eligible entries. Rescue One is not responsible for any problems occurring with the internet or otherwise that may affect a potential winner’s receipt of the winning notice.
- Responsibility for Taxes and Other Costs Associated with Winning. All federal, state, and local taxes, fees, and other government assessments are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
- Reservation of Rights. Rescue One reserves the right to make final judgment on all matters pertaining to the Raffle including the right to change or modify the rules or prize or to discontinue or extend the Raffle without prior notice. Should Rescue One become aware of any hacking, security breaches, or other misconduct, Rescue One reserves the right to discontinue the Raffle immediately. In the event Rescue One chooses to discontinue the sale of Raffle tickets, names may be drawn from current eligible entries. All decisions of Rescue One concerning any and all matters with respect to the Raffle shall be final and binding.
- General Terms. Raffle ticket purchases are not tax deductible. Winners are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, and Rescue One reserves the right to revoke the prize or remove an entry if the entrant does not meet any or all of the eligibility requirements or if the entry or winning ticket has been damaged or altered. Rescue One and its officers, directors, agents, volunteers, independent contractors, representatives, and any other individuals or companies participating in the design, administration, or fulfillment of the Raffle (collectively “Releasees”) are not responsible for: (i) any difficulties that an entrant may experience obtaining a Raffle ticket; (ii) any typographical, human, or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration, or execution of the Raffle, or verification or announcement of prize/prize winner; (iii) any failure of communications, failure of the internet or Rescue One’s website, or other technical malfunctions; (iv) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; or (v) any lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, misdirected, or stolen Raffle ticket entries, all of which will be void. Any Raffle ticket that is illegible, damaged, mutilated, manipulated, duplicated, forged, counterfeited, altered, copied, tampered with in any manner, obtained in a manner outside legitimate methods as stated in these Official Rules, or distributed where prohibited by law will be considered void and will not be eligible for prize redemption. The headings and captions used in these Official Rules are for reference purposes only and should not have any effect on the interpretation of these Official Rules. If any portion of these Official Rules is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
- Release of Liability. BY ENTERING THE RAFFLE, EACH ENTRANT, AS A CONDITION OF HIS/HER PARTICIPATION IN THE RAFFLE, AGREES THAT THE RELEASEES WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, DAMAGES, EXPENSES OR COSTS OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION OR INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE RAFFLE OR ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRIZE OR PARTS THEREOF INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CLAIMS, SUITS, INJURIES, LOSSES AND DAMAGES RELATED TO PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, DAMAGE TO OR DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY, DEFAMATION OR PORTRAYAL IN A FALSE LIGHT (WHETHER INTENTIONAL OR UNINTENTIONAL), WHETHER UNDER A THEORY OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), WARRANTY OR OTHER THEORY, EVEN IF CAUSED, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF ANY OR ALL OF THE RELEASEES. BY ACCEPTING THE PRIZE, THE WINNER RELEASES THE RELEASEES FROM ALL LIABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITY WITH RESPECT TO THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE/MISUSE OF THE PRIZE. RELEASEES WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO WINNERS OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR FAILURE TO SUPPLY THE PRIZE OR ANY PART THEREOF, BY REASON OF ANY ACTS OF GOD, ANY ACTION, REGULATION, ORDER OR REQUEST BY ANY GOVERNMENTAL OR QUASIGOVERNMENTAL ENTITY (WHETHER OR NOT THE ACTION, REGULATIONS, ORDER OR REQUEST PROVE TO BE INVALID), EQUIPMENT FAILURE, TERRORIST ACTS, WAR, FIRE, FLOOD, EARTHQUAKE, UNUSUALLY SEVERE WEATHER, EMBARGO, LABOR DISPUTE OR STRIKE (WHETHER LEGAL OR ILLEGAL), LABOR OR MATERIAL SHORTAGE, TRANSPORTATION INTERRUPTION OF ANY KIND, OR ANY OTHER CAUSE BEYOND RELEASEES’ SOLE CONTROL.
- Publicity Release. Except where prohibited, by accepting the prize, winners consent to the use by Rescue One and its designees of their names and/or likeness for all purposes, including, but not limited to, advertising and publicity purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without limitation and without additional compensation, notification, or permission.
- Privacy Statement. Entrants agree that entry into the Raffle results in their agreement with the following: Rescue One shall have the right to retain and use entrant information, including email addresses, to inform entrant about Rescue One news, events, and promotions. Rescue One does not sell personal information or share personal information with any unaffiliated third party groups.
- Applicable Law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Rescue One in connection with the Raffle, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Missouri, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law, rules or provisions (whether of the State of Missouri, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Missouri. The Raffle is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws, and is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Entrants hold all responsibility to comply with any applicable federal, state, or local laws in connection with their entry.
- Disputes. Each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Raffle, or the prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resorting to any form of class action, and any judicial proceedings shall take place in federal or state court in Greene County, Missouri; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Raffle, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. IN NO EVENT SHALL RESCUE ONE BE LIABLE TO ANY ENTRANT OR WINNER FOR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED FIVE HUNDRED AND 00/100 DOLLARS ($500.00).