By your use of this Website, and by voluntarily providing information to us via the forms contained within this Website, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this Policy, as outlined below.
Personal Information Collection And Use
While using our Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information which may be used to contact you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to: your name, address, telephone number, and email address. Our intention is to use such information solely for the purpose to which you provided it to us. However, we reserve the right use such information to contact you for other reasons, should such arise.
Rescue One will not sell, trade or share your personal information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill the reason for which the information was provided.
Your use of this Website signifies that you understand that your computer may automatically provide us with certain information such as your IP address, browser type, and browser version. In addition, we may use third-party software to track the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other similar statistics. We use this information to gain insight into how we may improve our Website and provide better service to you.
As with many websites, we use “cookies” to collect information. Cookies are files with a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier, sent to your browser from our Website and stored on your computer’s hard drive. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Website.
Third Party Privacy
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security due to the nature of the process.
Revised: April 7, 2018
Terms & Conditions
As used herein, “I,” “myself,” and “my” refers to the applicant identified in the Adoption Application, and “Animal” refers to the dog or cat identified on the Adoption Application. The following provisions are applicable at all times, including during the applicant’s adoption trial period with the Animal and thereafter:
» I agree that the Animal is being adopted for myself and will not be sold, adopted or given to another party.
» I agree that the Animal will not be allowed outdoors without proper supervision, unless the Animal is in a secure fenced in area. When taking the Animal outdoors not within a secure fenced in area, the Animal will be on a secure leash and wear proper ID.
» I understand the actions of an animal can often be unpredictable and can change in a new household, and the Animal should be closely supervised at all times when it is with children for the safety of the Animal and the child.
» I agree that Animal is to be a companion animal, not a guard animal. The Animal will live primarily inside my home, not outdoors.
» I agree to care for the Animal in a humane manner and be a responsible animal guardian. This includes supplying the Animal with adequate food, water, shelter, attention and medical care.
» I agree to never physically punish the Animal, but to contact Rescue One, my veterinarian, or a trainer if I need assistance with behavioral issues the Animal may have. I agree that if at any point I cannot keep the Animal, I will return the Animal to Rescue One. I understand that the adoption fee is non-refundable.
» I agree to have the Animal seen by a veterinarian of my choice within two weeks of adoption in order to begin any necessary preventatives (e.g. heartworms, intestinal worms, fleas). I also understand that certain parasites, such as intestinal worms and fleas, and certain viruses, such as kennel cough, are reoccurring issues with any pet. Since pets can carry these parasites/viruses for a period of time with no identifiable symptoms, Rescue One can make no guarantees regarding the occurrence of these or similar issues with regard to the Animal.
» I give Rescue One permission to call or visit my home at any reasonable time to assure that the Animal is being properly treated and cared for. If I do not comply with this contract, or it is discovered that the Animal is not receiving adequate care, Rescue One may reclaim the Animal and ownership of the Animal will revert back to Rescue One.
RESCUE ONE MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR PROMISE REGARDING THE AGE, HEALTH, BREED, HABITS, DISPOSITION, OR SAFETY OF THE ANIMAL. I HEREBY ACCEPT THE ANIMAL AS IS, ASSUME ALL RISKS AND OTHER DANGERS, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ASSOCIATED WITH THE ANIMAL AND ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, OR INJURY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE ANIMAL TO MYSELF, MEMBERS OF MY HOUSEHOLD, ANY THIRD PARTY, OR ANY PROPERTY, AND I HEREBY FULLY AND COMPLETELY RELEASE, AND AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS RESCUE ONE, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AND VOLUNTEERS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, CAUSES OF ACTION, OR LIABILITY OF ANY SORT OR NATURE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THAT ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DUE TO THE NEGLIGENCE OF RESCUE ONE OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE ANIMAL.
Foster Care / Volunteering
IN CONSIDERATION for being permitted to participate in any event or activity in which I and/or my children are acting as a volunteer or foster (the “Activities”) for Rescue One, a Missouri not-for-profit corporation (“Rescue One”), I hereby agree and represent, on behalf of myself and my children, as follows:
1. The term “Releasees” when used herein, shall refer, individually and collectively, to Rescue One its affiliated entities, and its and their shareholders, officers, directors, employees, volunteers, representatives, agents, insurers, predecessors, successors and assigns, and any and all other persons or entities acting on behalf of any or all of the foregoing entities, or subject to their control.
2. I am at least 18 years of age. I know the nature of the Activities, and I fully understand that: (a) the Activities may be DANGEROUS and participation in the Activities involves RISKS AND DANGERS OF SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, UP TO AND INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY AND DEATH (“Risks”); (b) these Risks and other dangers may be caused by my or my children’s actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activities, the equipment used by me or others engaged in the Activities, or the NEGLIGENCE OF ANY OR ALL OF THE RELEASEES named herein; (c) there may be other risks, in addition to those specifically set out herein, that are not known to me or that are not readily foreseeable at this time; and (d) any physical injuries, economic losses and/or damages that could result from the Activities could be severe and life-altering.
3. I represent that neither I nor my children have any medical or physical condition which could interfere with my or my children’s safety in the Activities or else I am willing to assume and bear the costs of all risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
4. I consent to participating in the Activities and hereby ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL RISKS AND OTHER DANGERS, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, AND ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY AND ALL LOSSES, COSTS AND DAMAGES IN THE EVENT OF ANY INJURY, LOSS, DAMAGE, DISABILITY, OR DEATH, EVEN IF CAUSED, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF ANY OR ALL OF THE RELEASEES NAMED HEREIN.
5. On behalf of myself and my minor children, our next of kin, heirs, administrators, executors and assigns, I hereby release, discharge and covenant not to sue Releasees FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ON ACCOUNT OF ANY INJURY, including but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to property arising from or related to the Activities. This release, discharge, and covenant not to sue shall include ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES.
6. If, despite this release, I or any other person make a claim against any or all of the Releasees for any injury, loss or damage resulting, directly or indirectly, from an injury to me or my children that is alleged to occur, in whole or in part, from our participation in the Activities, I AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASEES, and each of them, from any expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost Releasees may incur as a result, whether such claim is based on the negligence of the Releasees, or otherwise.
7. This Release shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of Missouri, without regard to conflict of laws principles. The provisions herein are intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Missouri and that if any portion hereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, AND I UNDERSTAND THAT, BY ELECTRONICALLY SIGNING, I AM GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS I WOULD OTHERWISE HAVE TO RECOVER DAMAGES FOR LOSSES OCCASIONED BY THE RELEASEES’ FAULT OR NEGLIGENCE, AND ENTER IT VOLUNTARILY.
Surrendering an Animal
Disclosure and Terms of Release and Surrender
I understand and agree that by submitting this form I am agreeing to surrender this animal to Rescue One upon Rescue One taking possession of the animal. I certify that I am the owner or have the authority to surrender the animal described herein. It is understood that Rescue One will not be obliged to account for the disposition or overall health of the animal. I understand that by submitting this form, once Rescue One takes possession of the animal I relinquish all rights of this animal to Rescue One and forfeit all of my rights as an owner of this animal.